Grays Harbor And All Grays Harbor Streams To Close For Salmon Fishing - Sunday, October 26th Is The Last Day
Salmon fishing closes in Grays Harbor and all rivers draining into it
(1) Grays Harbor Catch Area 2-2 (Grays Harbor Co.): Closed to salmon fishing.
(2) The following rivers will be closed to salmon fishing:
* Black River (Grays Harbor/Thurston Co.)
* Chehalis River Lewis/Cowlitz Co.)
* Elk River ( Grays Harbor Co.)
* Hoquiam River and all forks (Grays Harbor Co.)
* Humptulips River (Grays Harbor Co.)
* Johns River (Grays Harbor Co.)
* Newaukum River (Lewis Co.)
* Satsop River and all forks (Mason/Grays Harbor Co.)
* Skookumchuck River (Lewis/Thurston Co.)
* Van Winkle Creek (Grays Harbor Co.)
* Wishkah River (Grays Harbor Co.)
* Wynoochee River (Grays Harbor/Jefferson Co.)
Effective Date: 12:01 a.m. Oct. 26, 2015, until further notice.
Species affected: Salmon
Reason for action: In-season run size assessments conducted by Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife indicate that coho run sizes are significantly below pre-season forecasts. Conservation objectives may not be achieved for coho if this action is not taken.
Other information: Game fish rules are unchanged and remain as specified in the 2015-16 Washington Sport Fishing Rules pamphlet.
Information contact: Mike Scharpf, (360) 249-1205